First Bridge

1847

The first bridge over the St. Joseph River is constructed. It runs from Washington Street, on the west side of the river, to Market Street (now Colfax) on the east side of the river. This bridge begins to unite Lowell and South Bend.

Copyright © 2016 City of South Bend | Website Provided By Force 5 | Contact Us | Become a Celebration Partner

South Bend 150 is a 501(c)(3) of the St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce